Friday, January 30, 2009

I love stacking rings

Ever since I was a little girl, I have worn rings.
They are my FAVORITE jewellery.

They are my favorite to wear, and my favorite to make.
I just love them.

And Wedding Rings???
Holy crap there has been some SERIOUS time devoted to thinking about them!
Geoff would be SHOCKED if he only knew just how much thought I have put into this.

Hours.

So many hours.

Even before I MET HIM.

Stacking rings in particular hold a place in my heart. I still have almost all of the rings I've ever worn (there is a sad place in my memories of a little jar of rings I had that I left out in the playroom... that got thrown away because SOMEONE who will remain nameless, dad, didn't see the rings inside and THREW THE JAR IN THE GARBAGE)
Oh yeah.
I remember.
I was 11.

Anyway, sniff, I really love stacking rings.
I love that you can switch them up, say just wear one, or throw on like, 7 or something.

Rad.

With my wedding set I have the opportunity to have a STACKED wedding set.
Which just keeps getting better and better.
I have my engagement ring, which is a sweet little silver band that I actually wore in my first stacked ring set(age 14-17). I hammered it and stamped it "only two".
Sigh! So sweet!
Since I am making my rings, I can be a bit selfish and get EXACTLY what I want.
And I already know what that is.
I haven't made them yet.
I will make them when Geoff presents me with the materials.

I am cool with making the rings.
I am not cool however with PAYING for my own engagement/wedding rings.
I may as well have just made up his proposal and dress up 7 cats in formal wear.

A girl's got to have some standards.

So here are some beautiful examples of stacking rings from etsy.



The rings above found at SirenJewels



Copper stacking rings available at CrowsNestMountain



Quattro Stacking set at A Blond and a Torch



Sapphire stacking sets at KateSzabone



14k gold stacking sets at BloomStudios


Ocean Flower set at Octopus Me



Sterling silver rings at NinaDinoff


Gold Bar rings by NeologybyMina

No comments:

Post a Comment