Saturday, June 6, 2009

We've started the process now folks

Geoff and I went to The Bay on Thursday and we put a couple things on the registry.
Not a lot of things, we only scanned items in for about 15 minutes (the dog was in the car) and we weren't particularly impressed with the selection to tell you the truth.
I remember The Bay having a sporting/sports equipment section. Apparently the downtown store no longer has this. Which is a bit of a bummer since that's what I was counting on to register for some stuff just for Geoff.
Because I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think he cares too much about new towels or decorative kitchenware.

(I can't say I am too jazzed about that either!)
I mean, don't get me wrong, new towels or say, placemats would be nice, but there wasn't anything at The Bay that was particularly Wowing me.
You know?

We've got a pretty specific style sorted out. And I am not sure if a big retail chain is going to cater to our laid back, hand made(me likey) aesthetic.

And this is pretty interesting because before this experience, I don't know if I could have said that we HAD a style at all. We've been pretty lucky with hand me down furniture and a good solid trip to Ikea when we first moved to Vancouver that we don't really NEED anything.

So what's on our list is upgrades.
Which is cool.

I registered for a bamboo cutting board for example, and a new juicer (we ran the last one into the ground. We love us some fresh juice!) and one of those KitchenAid stand mixers (in white) that are all the rage. We looked at ice cream scoops and vacuums, but didn't end up scanning in either, because a.) we don't really eat a lot of ice cream, and b.) have been bitten in the ass by our current vacuum that we feel we need to do some research.

We'll go back early this coming week and do a better run through when we don't have to worry about the dog waiting for us or getting to an appointment later in the day!
And maybe check out a different location and see if they've got some different things.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment